The Business Society is the umbrella group for all the student organizations in the Gerald Schwartz School of Business. The executive serves as student representatives and function as an avenue in which, you, the student, can build important relationships with your fellow classmates, professors, and future business contacts.
Further, the Business Society keeps members up to date on upcoming conferences and competitions that attract delegates and competitors from across Canada. A student executive organizes and runs these events to serve and benefit the student body. The Business Society plays a major role and provides a multitude of opportunities to get involved and hone business and leadership skills, while also providing valuable services and events that contribute to the student experience.
The Business Society organizes a number of great events and activities throughout the year including the following:
- Monday, October 29th - Friday, November 9th: Clothing Sale Orders Business Society will be set up in the Schwartz foyer 11am-1pm everyday to take orders
- Wednesday, November 7th: Applying to Grad School Info Session12:45 - 2pm - Location Gerald Schwartz Auditorium Opportunity to learn about the steps to applying to MBA programs, info on the GMAT, etc! Please see Grad School Slideshow for more info.
- Monday, November 12th - Business Society General Meeting 6:30pm - Location TBA Open to all business students
- Wednesday, November 14th: Business Students/Faculty Mixer 12:45-2pm in the Faculty Lounge Ice-Cream Bar Opportunity to chat with profs and take a study break!
- Sunday, December 2nd: X-Ring Reception and Grad Photo 7:00pm-10:00pm - Schwartz Auditorium & Lobby All 4th Year Business Students and faculty are invited An opportunity to celebrate X-Ring as a grad class and have the annual photo taken Cash bar open
If you would like to become involved with the Business Society, please contact Kaleigh. We are always looking for new members and new ideas!
Kaleigh MacMaster - President
Nicole McLean - Vice President