- Fall & Winter 2016-17 Calendar
- Spring / Summer 2016 Calendar
- Undergraduate Courses
- Master of Education
- PhD in Education
- Master of Adult Education
- Distance Nursing
- Intellectual Disability Studies
- Non-Credit Courses
- Programs for 55+
- Previous Continuing & Distance Education Calendars
- Certificate in Outdoor Education
- Certificate in Organizational Leadership
- Staff Directory
Registration Deadlines: Application Deadline is February 15th
For regular admission to the Master of Education program, candidates shall normally have:
- completed a Bachelor of Education degree or its equivalent.
- earned an average of at least 70% in the BEd Program or have placed in the top 25% of the BEd graduating class and,
- completed at least two years of successful teaching before enrolling in the first graduate course.
Considerable weight will also be given to the references supplied by the applicant and to successful teaching experience.
Individuals who do not possess a Bachelor of Education degree will normally be considered when they have:
- gained a teaching license equivalent to a Nova Scotia Initial Certificate (TC5) or been employed in a teaching capacity for at least two years in a professional school or post-secondary institution
- met all other admission conditions
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program. Decisions of the Admissions Committee are final. Applications will be considered on February 15th of each year for study beginning in July of the same year. You are responsible to check with the StFX Admissions Office (902 867 2219), before February 15th, to make sure your transcripts and reference letters have arrived. Incomplete files will not be considered for admission.
For further details please see the Program Overview
StFX e-mail accounts