- Graduate Studies at StFX University
- Awards and Scholarships for Graduate Studies
- Policy and Procedures Guide for Graduate Studies Programs (.pdf file)
- Faculty Research Profiles
- Research Ethics
- Forms for Graduate Students
- Thesis Examination Guidelines
- Thesis Final Submission Guidelines
- Application for Admission (form-fillable pdf)
The Angus L Macdonald Library collects two copies of all Masters Degree theses completed at St. Francis Xavier University. One copy is catalogued and added to the library; the second copy is forwarded to Theses Canada in Ottawa.
The mission of Theses Canada is “to acquire and preserve a comprehensive collection of Canadian theses at Library and Archives Canada (LAC), to provide access to this valuable research within Canada and throughout the world.” Graduate level research thus becomes part of Canada’s intellectual heritage.
For all graduate programs except the Master of Adult Education, students should follow the process outlined below. Master of Adult Education thesis candidates should consult their departmental secretary (email@example.com) for details.
- Have your supervisory committee and Department chair sign off on the thesis using the COGS-Thesis-Approval-Form.
- Please read the Theses Canada Information for Students, and their Theses Submission Guidelines.
- Download, Print out, complete, and sign the Theses Non-Exclusive License form;
- Bring the completed form and two copies of your thesis to the Collection Development Office, Room 108 in the Angus L Macdonald Library. Your thesis should be printed single-sided on 21.5 x 28 cm paper (8.5 x 11”), and should not include any personal information other than your name (e.g. do not provide your student number or contact information on the document). There is a $50.00 fee for submission to Theses Canada, payable when you drop off your thesis copies.
- File the COGS-Thesis-Completion-Form and a copy of the Theses Non-Exclusive License form with the Office of Graduate Studies.
- Submit an electronic copy of the thesis to the Office of Graduate Studies.
- If you wish to have extra copies of your thesis professionally bound for your own personal use, the Library will arrange this at the same time. The cost for binding is $14.00 per copy, payable in advance.