- For security purposes all researchers are requested to leave coats, briefcases, packages, and other personal belongings in lockers.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the reading room. Smoking is prohibited.
- All researchers must complete a retrieval form providing appropriate identification if requested by the Archives staff. At this point researchers will be informed of the various archival policies pertinent to their visit and/or research. (See Mandate & Policies document for details.)
- No records are to be removed from the reading room without the authorization of the Archives staff. Material may be removed for photocopying purposes to be undertaken only in the Angus L. Macdonald Library. As well microfilmed material may be removed to view in the Music/Microforms Room of the library.
- Laptop computers are permitted in the reading room. Researchers are prohibited from bringing scanners or printers into the Archives.
- All researchers are requested to use only pencils when taking notes. No pens or highlighters are allowed at the research tables.
- Researchers are expected to work quietly and not disturb other researchers in the reading room. Violation and disrespect of the reading room rules or misconduct may result in a researcher being refused further access to the Archives.
- Archival material will not be retrieved after 4:15 p.m. or 15 minutes prior to closing time.
Approved by UARMC
23 January 2002