- The Angus L. Macdonald library has five (5) laptops available for circulation.
- Laptops are for "In-library" use only and can be borrowed for a maximum of three (3) hours.
- Laptops must be returned thirty (30) minutes prior to closing. Click here to view our hours of operation.
- Laptops are loaned on a first-come, first-serve basis and as such, there are no holds.
- When returning a laptop, please allow for a few minutes so that the equipment can be inspected for damages.
- Please report any damages or issues with a laptop to the Access Services Desk immediately.
- Laptops returned more than twenty (20) minutes past their due time will accrue a fine of $10 and $10/hour for each hour thereafter, to a maximum of $130.
- There is also a $50 fine if it is discovered that a laptop has left the library without authorization.
- If a laptop has not been returned within twenty-four (24) hours, it will be declared lost. A replacement fee of $1400 will be applied to your account and your borrowing privileges will be suspended.
- We respect our patrons’ right to privacy. When using Windows on our laptops, all data is automatically wiped from memory when the unit is powered down.
- If you choose to use the laptops on the Mac side, please be aware that currently we have no way to automatically erase data, so any information you put on the computer via the Mac OS may be available for others to see. We strongly encourage you to work with Windows if you wish your data to remain confidential.
- When using Library laptops, we recommend you save your work periodically to your H: drive or an external device. The Angus L. Macdonald Library is not responsible for the loss of data in the event the laptop should crash.
- All equipment is inspected before a laptop is borrowed and any prior damages are noted on the sign-out form, which the patron must sign each time a laptop is borrowed.
- Patrons are responsible for the cost of repair as a result of any damages that occur to the unit, or full replacement should the laptop go missing, while it is signed out to them, so please do not leave laptops unattended!