Requirements for first year students:
- Major scales (in two octaves where possible)
- Two pieces of any style - one lyrical, and one technical.
- A piece of music of your choosing from the jazz tradition.
Requirements for transfer students:
- “Stella by Starlight” by Victor Young. MM=150+
- “You Don’t Know What Love is” by Gene DePaul/Don Raye. Performed as a ballad.
Scales (played in eighth notes at Quarter = MM 88bpm, two 8va when possible):
- All Major scales
- Chromatic scale (low C to High C)
- All Jazz Melodic minor scales