- Health and Wellness
- Education and Certification
- Intramurals & Sport Clubs
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Sport Academies & Camps
- Recreation Partners
- Employment and Volunteerism
- Contact Info
StFX Recreation is one of the largest student employers on campus, hiring over 150 students each year to provide leadership in our many programs. Students work part-time in a variety of positions as listed below.
Fitness & Wellness Positions:
- Wellness Centre Floor Staff - now hiring for fall 2011
- Group Fitness Leaders - now hiring for fall 2011
- Yoga Instructors - now hiring for fall 2011
- Personal Trainers
- Red Cross First Aid Instructors - now hiring for fall 2011
- Summer Camp Councilors
Welcome Desk Staff:
- Welcome Desk Membership & Facility Clerks
- Activity Supervisors
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Great training & development
- Flexible and accommodating work schedules
- Opportunities for leadership and advancement
Although responsibilities and expectations differ for each position, ALL StFX Recreation student positions are governed by the following general expectations:
- Commitment to customer service and cultural diversity, demonstrated through treating all individuals with integrity, dignity, and worth.
- Willingness to learn.
- Maturity and reliability in performing all job functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail a résumé and cover letter to appropriate supervisor as listed below for the position(s) that you are interested in applying for, and please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. For further information on any of the employment opportunities available through StFX Recreation, contact the Welcome Desk at 867-2181 or the appropriate supervisor.
Fitness & Wellness Positions
Gerry Balcom, Fitness & WellnessSupervisor - email@example.com or 867-2182
Welcome Desk Staff
Kaen Garvie, Member Servies Supervisor - firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-5343
Laurie Boucher, Aquatics Supervisor - email@example.com or 867-3925
Richie Connors, Intramural & Facilities Coordinator -firstname.lastname@example.org or 867-2451