- Aboriginal Student Advising
- African Descent Student Advising
- International Student Advising
- LGBTQ Advising
- Sexual Assault and Sexual Violence Support
- Student Conduct and Student Policies
- Student Event Planning
- Student Career Centre
- Residence Life
- Other Helpful Resources
StFX University offers lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) students the service of an advisor to support, encourage and guide them to be successful academically and socially.
The LGBTQ Student Advisor offers LGBTQ students assistance in the following areas:
- Making the transition and adjustment to the challenges of university life.
- Acting as a liaison and advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender students on issues such as discrimination, harassment, residence life, and academic life.
- Providing guidance and assistance to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender student organizations and societies such as X-Pride.
- Hosting educational events or campaigns on equity, heterosexism, homophobia, transphobia and related matters.
The lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) community is a diverse group of professionals, students, youth and seniors. The Positive Space Program celebrates this diversity, and recognizes the responsibility of our community to work towards being a safe and accepting environment for persons of all gender identities and sexual orientations. More than ensuring a safe and equitable university, this program hopes to see the creation of a genuinely inclusive community. The goal of this program is to reduce the climate of disapproval and fear of same-sex attraction and the ostracism of variable gender expression. Click here for more information.
The X Pride office is located on the second floor of the SUB (Room 215), right across from The Golden X Inn. It is a positive space, and we like it when people drop by and chat or check out our resources! If there is no one in the office, X Pride members can access the office by signing out the key from the Information Desk on the third floor of the SUB. Visit and join our Facebook page to learn more about upcoming events!
2E Morrison Hall
Nicholson Tower 520